Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Final Preparations

I can't believe it. I was crossing off the calendar (I like to make giant X's to mark the days) and today it said "Facial 2:00" and "10". 10 for only 10 days until the wedding. Where has the time gone?! I remember having to write in dates and marks and flipping page after page to get to July. I remember getting engaged and thinking 7 months seemed like an eon.

And it's almost here.

I think I'm getting the post-wedding blues a bit early.

As I look around my house I realize I have so little to do. I printed out wedding tree (which took forever because my darling sister made it to fit a 20 x 15 frame, which of course is too big to print almost anywhere on non-glossy paper), started tanning in a salon to get rid of the rest of these tan lines from hanging out at the pool, and my to-do list only has "car tune up" (tomorrow), "bridesmaid gift" (just have to give it to a Bridesmaid), "groomsmen gifts" (Mr. Sunshine is handling that one), "small container for wipes and disposal" (going to ReUse store to deal with that today), and "pack for honeymoon". Ughhh. So sad.

I also have to say I finally broke my cardinal rule about tanning salons. I, Miss. Sunshine, at age 25, have finally been in a tanning bed. There actually is a good reason though. I have these faint tan lines from my halter bikini I got a few months ago. I tanned and swam at my parents place a few times in a strapless bikini to try and get rid of them, but it is the weirdest tan ever! From the side, it is super obvious, from the front it is very faint, and when I wear a white dress, it looks crazy. It sucks. So after 2 weeks of tanning 3 times a week at my parents, I decided I might need a salon to help me out. I bought 100 minutes in a super bed, bought the lotions and decided to go. Only one problem. *duh* When the lady asked me if I had been tanning, I said, "Yes, of course!". I am quite dark, actually. So she told me to use the turbo bed for 7 minutes. I threw on some bronzing lotion, jumped in, and left. This morning I woke up my breast and bikini area are pinkish while the rest of me tanned nicely. Why? Because those areas had NEVER SEEN SUNLIGHT. No wonder I got a slight burn! I didn't even think to cover them at all because I am currently so paranoid about getting rid of my unsightly lines.

So now I'm playing the waiting game to tan again, and perhaps a bit of sunscreen on those bits!

Also-- never had a facial before. I think this wedding is turning me into a girly girl.

ALSO-- lost another 2lbs. This dress better fit, damnit!

Have you thought about or done something new and exciting for a wedding day prep? Are you tanning or doing any of the "girly" things?

~Miss. Sunshine

No comments:

Post a Comment